Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Waves

1. A faster up and down motion will require more energy, whereas a slower up and down motion requires less energy.

2. Faster the frequency, the more energy that is required from the wave but if the amplitude is increased, energy does not increase.

3. I calculated for the cycles per second for "(frequency 27, amplitude 50)" as .98 Hz

4. For "(frequency 100, amplitude 50)", I calculated 3.703 Hz

5. For "(frequency 27, amplitude 100)", I calculated as .98 Hz.

6. When I measured the wavelength of "(frequency 27, amplitude 50)" I got 30 cm.

7. While measuring "(frequency 100, amplitude 50)",  I got a wavemength of 16.5 cm.

8. So from this, I learned the cycles per second only change when the frequency changes. When the frequency is increased, the energy is increases. When the wavelength increases, the frequency increase. So from this I can conclude that if the wavelength is increased, energy is also increased.

No comments:

Post a Comment